Sunday, November 4, 2007

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town...

The biggest for me in the last year is that I'm here, here at home. I'm moving on, next fall, for sure. My friends have parted, they've got a jump on things, but I'm about to leap. It's going to be a leap of faith, into a new region, a new time zone, a new life. All this, just to chase my dream, it's what I want to do, what I'm going to do. I'd love to be able to be there now, but I'm not, I believe God has me here until then for certain reasons. This time, my new college, whatever that may be, is going to be different than a small Community College in a dusty oil-boom Kansas town. The engines roar to life, as I hope my dream flourishes into reality. Skeptics have questioned it, I don't care, their doubt and cynicism just exasperates my drive to capture it. So, I don't doubt I've faced some change going to college (more free time), but I haven't really had to cope with it or worry about it. What I am going to have to cope with, is this bigger change, just over the horizon. The time has come and the decision has been made, in 365 days from now, I'll be somewhere in North Carolina, it's calling my name, it's the captor of my dream. I'd have to say the thing that bugs me the most is trying to get new friends out there. It's just something I guess I have to sacrifice to get where I want to go.


(Title from PINK FLOYD)

No comments: