Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?

Time management is something I sort of struggle with. But I've always made it work, in the end. I procrastinated all the way through High School making A's and B's. So far college hasn't been any different. In case you didn't notice most of these were written with a week of the deadline. In my opinion this only prepares me for a career in or related to journalism, where deadlines are tighter than a fat man in an airliner seat. I haven't really changed anything, I'm used to staying up late and still getting things done. I know sometimes I wait too long and then have to decide weather it's better to turn in a lack luster assignment or to take a penalty (usually lose 10%) and turn in something that is better. I usually go with the latter because it, in my opinion, is at least my best efforts. Come to think of it, in speech class I always go over the time limit. I just have a busy schedule, between church, family, friends, a long-distance relationship, school and work (not to mention some time just to wind down and goof off), certainly takes a toll on me. However, I do what I can, and I'd have to say I think I do a pretty darn good job for such a full plate.
There are several resources that come in handy, however software like this digital date-book can be rather helpful. Having the support of someone can help too. If parents are involved grades tend to do better. Here is a nice article about the lack of sleep I'm not getting right now. Maybe these ideas could help me. But nonetheless, there is always something else to do within a 24hour period. Sometimes, there is just not enough time.

(Title from STYX)

No comments: