Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's late September and I really should be back at school

My academic plan is rather simple, yet rather complex. But first, a bit of history. Starting in kindergarten I wanted to be a paleontologist, by eighth grade I was dreaming of doing Paleo-work on Mars. In high school, things changed, I was dreaming of a life as a coder for Microsoft, and one day taking the place of Bill. This all changed when I read the book Microserfs By Douglass Coupland. It illustrated the drab life a programmer leads. After that I fixed my sights on NASCAR, realizing I don't have the money to break into driving, I considered engineering and then mechanics. However, by the end of my Senior year, I realized what my calling was. Someday, I will be a NASCAR analyst, columnist or announcer on the Motor Racing Network (MRN). Yet, I am still considering going into the ministry with Motor Racing Outreach (MRO). Either way, the degree I'm seeking at ButlerCC, Mass Communications, will greatly help me. Originally I was going to earn a degree at butler by the end of the '08 Summer semester and move to North Carolina to finish a Bachelor's or Master's degree. North Carolina is where I must I go to pursue my NASCAR dream(s). But, yet again, times have changed, I'm now planning on transferring to K-State in the fall of 2008, where I will stay until I get my master's degree and/or save enough money to move to NC.
But, I digress...
I need/want to go to this seminar eventually...I believe that will help.
I found this, but it isn't racing specific. It's talking about sports anchors on various stations, but I hate pretty much all other sports outside of racing. My dream job's website is Racingone.com.
For more info on MRO click here.
While at K-State I plan to double major, in electronic communication and Public Relations.

So that's how I plan to eventually get involved with NASCAR. Who knows, in the future I may end up being an engineer after all.

(title from Rod Stewart)

No comments: